Monday, November 26, 2007

Help! It's Spreading!

We see Larry mostly during the weekends because he works in Longview, which is about 1.5 hours (one way) from where we currently live. Well, this morning, he called and begged me to pick him up from his workplace. Kari's stomach flu has spread to him. Oh, no.

Yes, the stomach flu has attacked my poor husband. Unfortunately, he's one of those people that when an illness hits him, it hits him hard. If it's a 24-hour bug, it usually stays with him for 3 more days. I dropped the children off with their grandmama before I drove to Longview to pick him up.

He was a sorry sight; my poor baby. During the drive back, he reclined, closed his eyes and didn't want to listen to the radio. After 45 minutes of silence, I thought I would make pleasant conversation.

"Boy, it sure is a nice day today, isn't it?" I remarked. He just stayed quiet; his stomach was in terrible pain. Poor baby. I returned to being silent. Now I have 3 babies to take care of.

When I brought everyone back to the house, I made chicken soup from scratch based on what I had in the pantry and fridge. It's rather bland, but seems OK with rice or crackers. Larry's been sipping that soup and drinking water. So far, his stomach's been keeping them down.

Oh, now our niece Brittany also has the stomach flu. So does her mother. And Larry's mother. Brittany said that the stomach flu is going around her school, too.

I haven't had a chance to do any Christmas decorating or shopping due to a sickly household. Oh well, we'll make do with what we can get done.

No comments:


Funny Demotivators(R) Sample - DESTINY

Funny Demotivators(R) Sample - DESTINY
You were meant for me. Perhaps as a punishment.
Powered By Blogger