Sunday, November 25, 2007

I'll Never Forget This Thanksgiving!

I am tired. This past Tuesday (11/20), Kari contracted the stomach flu. I have spent the rest of the week changing clothes and bedsheets, washing, disinfecting and most of all, comforting. Kari has gotten better, but isn't completely over it. Now Gary has it. Poor little guy. I hate seeing my children go through this. The key thing is to keep them hydrated. I heard that this stomach flu is going around the community. I hope Larry and I don't catch it, but it seems inevitable.

On Thanksgiving day, Kari was feeling a little better (no fever) and Gary didn't have the stomach flu yet, so we went to Larry's brother's house for the Thanksgiving meal. It was quite a spread - fried turkey, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, deviled eggs, yeast rolls, ham, mashed potatoes, dressing, sweet potato pie, banana pudding, pecan pies...oh, we certainly didn't leave hungry.

This was my first Thanksgiving without my parents and it was hard. I miss them, but I also enjoyed being with Larry's family. We hope to visit Virginia next year. I have a lot to be thankful for: my health, my family's health, the country we live in, our friends... Most of all, I am thankful to have Jesus Christ in my life. He has been my anchor in the many trials I faced in life. I am also thankful for the men and women who fight and fought for our country. God bless you all.

Since the children have been sick, I haven't gone out. I mean, we spent some time outdoors when it wasn't too cold, but I haven't done any shopping and I am getting cabin fever. Somebody save me! Just kidding.

Well, I better get some rest. Check back with you later!

No comments:


Funny Demotivators(R) Sample - DESTINY

Funny Demotivators(R) Sample - DESTINY
You were meant for me. Perhaps as a punishment.
Powered By Blogger